Paula

Monday, August 14, 2006

Yo, bring that beat back

Confession: "Pullin' me back" by Chingy is on crazy repeat mode on my iPod! Out of hundreds of songs on my player, I keep listening to that one.

First of all, Tyrese's voice is chocolate sexy. If something leaves you muttering Mmm! Mmm! Mmm! it's chocolate sexy.

Remember, that's different from Mmph, mmph, mmph which means you've just seen something so totally jacked up, you're without words.

I'm not a big fan of Tyrese's acting. Not even his relatively decent turn in 2 Fast 2 Furious can erase the image of his awful acting in Baby Boy from my brain.

"Momma! Momma, you gon' pick him over me?! Your son!"

Sorry, Baby Boy flashback!

Over-acting aside, Tyrese's vocals, so smooth and delish are like...Mmm, Mmm, Mmm.

Then there's Chingy. His voice is kind of quirky and he has a good flow for a young 'un.

But probably what really has the joint on repeat, is that it samples "Rain" by SWV. I had to research that little infobit, BTW. I knew the sample was familiar but could never put a name to it.

I'm guessing I must have liked "Rain" when it was a hot single...but for the life of me I can't remember how it goes.

Anyway, I think Chingy has a hit on his hands.

What track do you have on repeat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home