Paula

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's/Back

The Nip/Tuck season premiere was tonight!

And the show never ceases to shock me.

Each season, I marvel at what F/X gets away with. The soft-core sex scenes, the cursing, the over-the-top scenarios. Free TV can't get more outrageous than this show. Pushing the limits is the name of their game.

I've missed it! God help me, I've missed it.

One of the reasons I jumped off the Will & Grace bandwagon was their guest star revoling door. The show became so focused on what celeb would wind up stumbling and bumbling with the W&G cast that it was distracting.

Oh, and I hated the whole Harry Connick Jr. marries Grace thing.

Well, Nip/Tuck began the guest star rhumba about a season and a half ago. When I saw that they were having not one but two celeb appearances, tonight, I foolishly muttered, If they keep this up, I'm not watching this season.

I should have known better.

Nip/Tuck isn't like most shows. Guest stars are usually a cosmetic surgery patient. So it's not like Will & Grace where the whole point of the show is to breathlessly await the guests' appearance.

Nip/Tuck guests are often in need of the most wacky surgeries - last season, Joan Rivers requested a face transplant (I think) and Larry Hagman wanted new...errr...gonads.

The surgey storylines get you so caught up, you almost forget the patient is a, famous in a previous life actor.

All I can say about tonight's guests is:

Wow, Kathleen Turner has gained a lot of weight!

Larry Hagman was looking old as dirt.

And Sanaa Lathan was a breath of fresh air. Boo on the show's summary for not mentioning her appearance.

Tonight was promising. I'm ready for the wild ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home