Paula

Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Night Geek Girl

How rockin' is my life?

First, I caught the tail end of Man vs. Wild.

Have you ever seen this show on Discovery?

No, lie, it's enthralling.

Bear Grylls is really well on his way to becoming the Steve Irwin of survival. Dude was dropped into the middle of the Savannah with nothing but the shirt on his back and was just as non-plussed as if he were walking through the mall instead of wild animals on the hunt.

Seriously, when he bit into the Zebra carcass I was like, Ewwww....sweet!

I've seen two other episodes of this show and it ain't a bad way to spend an hour.

Crocodile Hunter fans, it's worth a viewing. Comes on during Discovery's Survival Friday at 9 p.m. Followed by, I Shouldn't Be Alive - which, is another good one.

But I passed on ISBA and tuned into Lord of The Rings - Return of the King. Amazing how I came into the movie two hours after it started and still have TWO hours left.

That Peter Jackson, some storyteller eh?

Sure, I've already seen the movie. And since it's on cable tv complete with commercials, it's like ten hours long. But, you know, sometimes a girl has to get her geek on.

And tonight is a good night for it as any.

The hubsters out.

Princess A is off at yet another sleepover. What a wretched existence a tween's life would be without the S.O. Geez, she might actually have to spend an ENTIRE weekend home with me, Bea and the hubster. ::shudder::

And after an hour and forty-five minutes of Kipper (yes, 105 minutes!) I finally declared an end to the British dog's siege on our TV and put Princess Bea to bed.

I feel like a geek, not because of what I'm watching but because of the degree of enjoyment it brings me.

And who wouldn't get enjoyment from watching Orlando Bloom?

Or-lannn-doooo!

The hubster was the one who had interest in seeing the LOTR movies. I went along willingly enough. How often do such epic movies come along anyway?

But by the second installment I was going purely to watch Orlando whip that bow in his little elf suit.

When a guy is hot as an elf, you know that's some mad hotness.

Ooh, which by the way, anyone else think that Ozzy on Survivor is a very yummy latin Orlando look-alike?

Mmm, mmm, mmm!

You know, I could be the glam girl out clubbing, drinking Cosmos and toasting my deliciously cool life. I'm fairly versatile and clean up pretty nice. And I've been known to do the boogee chick thing time to time.

But for this moment in space, tonight, time to myself, no kids bickering and calling my name and no husband demanding...small talk (didja think I was gonna say something else?)is way cooler than being in some loud club sipping on a $15 drink.

Okay, it's been like thirty minutes since Orlando flashed on screen. TNT is lucky I can't fast forward this baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home