Paula

Friday, January 12, 2007

Pop Life Friday

It should be against the law for a person to be busy at work on a Friday. Alas, I am. Even have a meeting to run to. So, I'm too busy to blog (meaningfully) today.

But I'm never too busy to immerse myself in my favorite pop culture obsessions. Today it's music videos. So loving AOL Music, today!

Since I'm feeling a little Pop(py,)I'm only listening to music that is 100%, fun, fluffy pop. No heavy ballads or smooth jazz. So far it's been a Fall Out Boy/B2K kind of day.

F.O.B. reminds me of bands from the 80's. I love their new song, This Ain't A Scene But a Arms Race.

Man, screw Grammy's and pleasing the academy, the world just needs more catchy dance tunes and anthems. This Ain't A Scene is a great let's-be-pissed-off-at-something-and-send-a message anthem.

Screw the establishment!

Ahem, sorry. Got caught up.

As for B2K, my daughter was in love with them three years ago along with every other female under the age of 18 and some well over. (Don't lie ladies, you know you were shaking to Bump, Bump, Bump. They were some yummy young 'uns).

They reminded me of New Edition. And I thoroughly encouraged my daughter's first boy band crush. How fun is that experience?

I even threw her a B2K Has Broken Up party to mourn the group's split. Me, her and seven of her closest girlfriends went to see B2K's movie,You Got Served, to pay homage to the short-lived group's success.

Ahh...pop music. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

But, now back to work!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home