Paula

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: Edition Cinq

The light at the end of the tunnel was in sight...but has winked out once more. Hopefullly I'll be able to blog again starting next week. Until then, another Thursday 13, because it seems about all I can hande these days.


Thirteen Things I Wonder About...


1. What the next "wave" in television will be. Sitcoms, Reality TV, Game Shows... I'm missing the sitcom something terrible right now. And NBC recently announced they'll be doing more Deal or No Deal type programming in the 8 p.m. time slot. Even more bad news for the sitcom, no doubt.

2. How come some ignorance never dies like "talking black" or "talking white." I'm black, so anything that comes out of my mouth technically is talking black. In a world that's increasingly multi-cultural, the stereotype that perpetuates the belief that proper enuciation is speaking white while broken English and slang is speaking black still lives. Die already!

3. If bi-partisan politics actually exists. Elections are around the corner and there are a few candidates across party lines I'm considering. But I'm weary. Lots of local pols are talking about being the non-politician politician. But isn't there a party line they have to tow?

4. How we can consider ourselves an advanced society and yet pay athletes and entertainers 20 times more than we pay policemen and teachers. Will LeBron James take a bullet for you? Can Madonna seriously teach your kid anything, even if she has written a children's book?

5. Why time on the weekends speeds by while the week days drag. Although lately every day has gone by fast...probably has a little something to do with my double deadline.

6. Why NBC moved Law & Order: Criminal Intent to Tuesdays and Medium to Wednesdays. They've completely screwed up my television time clock.

7. Why it's so hard to potty train my second child. I'm supposedly older and wiser and yet the key to getting her to use the toilet regularly eludes me.

8. How come watching M*A*S*H episodes never gets old for me. I love me some Alan Alda and it has nothing to do with physical appearance. He's hands down among my favorite actors.

9. Will I ever grow out of watching cartoons, eating cereal and listening to hip hop?
Because I haven't so far.

10. If my ambition will ever materialize in riches or at the very least a comfortable living.

11. Even if my ambition did result in either or of the above, once I've reached the elusive goal of "success" will I know how to slow down or will I just aim for another high end goal?

12. Why Halloween elicits such strong feelings (for and against) when the average kid sees it only as a way to get free candy.

13. How I can be so tired and yet can't seem to close my eyes when I know it's time to head to bed.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home