Paula

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ANTM Live Blogging

You know why reality TV is taking over the world? Because shows like LOST and 24 take year-long hiatuses, while Survivor, America's Next Top Model and Dancing With the Stars produce two new seasons a year.

You can't watch what's not on, right? And since Top Model is back in town, I'm back watching.

Let's begin, shall we?

Is it me or are the girls on Cycle 10 too ready for their close ups?

I guess that's what happens when a group of people grow up watching a show and know the vibe. It's how people go on Real World and immediately try and fit into a role - The drunk one, The one who hooks up with the roommate, The bitchy one.

My neice will be old enough to audition for Top Model next year. So I have no doubt she'd be able to smile with her eyes and walk fierce on cue, simply from ten cycles of watching.

Alright, well, I don't get the Lauren chick. She's like, 'people say I should model so...I'm giving it a try.'

Umm...people tell me I'm funny but you don't see me running to a comedy club to do stand up.

Lauren, honey, start with the basics - put some emotion in your face for God's sake. Haven't nine cycles of ANTM taught you anything?

I love the way Tyra makes "appearances."

She's busy as all hell and even alluded, in EW, that should ANTM continue it may be without her. Instead, other super models may helm the show. My concern with that is...well, there's that whole Soul Train guest host debacle.

A host provides continuity. And while the contestants of Top Model give us plenty reason to tune in (Jade's incomprehensible utterings, anyone?) if ANTM comes to a guest host format, let's hope they bring their own spin to it.

Tyra's spin is mentoring. I've always liked the way she puts the models through various lessons based on her own experiences. But no way I believe all models are as caring as Tyra or as calm and logical as Heidi Klum. They're far too sane, those two.

Which is why Kimora and Janice Dickinson added much needed bitchiness to the show when they were on the panel.

Let's get Naomi Campbell in this be-yotch and get some phone throwing going!

Oooh hey, the little cheese head from Wisconsin is quite the little confident Cathy isn't she?

Hmm...Muhammed Ali's neice, huh? I smell potential for some good brawls. Can't wait to see which chick is going to cat fight her. Though, I'm sure it won't be long before someone feels like smacking her for referring to herself in third person. "Shaya gon' be Shaya."

Alrighty then.

Is Dominique bi-racial or just addicted to tanning?

Dom, friends don't let friends over tan.

Fatima looks like a mini-Iman. Loving her already.

Let's hear it for the chick from the Dee dot Cee (that's Washington DC) for her persistence. She's tried out eight times.

Ahhh the fighting has begun and big surprise, Shya's right there.

Blegh, the black-on-black chick fighting has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Shya, Shylanda and Fatima - I know your momma's taught you better!

Why did Jay just give a better lap dance than the model chick?

Wow, Fatima went through female circumcision at the age of seven. Wow.

That's the topic of Alice Walker's, The Temple of My Familiar. Heavy stuff.

Okay, Fatima and Shya made up. There you go.

Why is Jeanna from Boston talking like she's from Compton?

Claire has a totally runway look about her. But ewww on her drinking her own breast milk.

Is it me? I don't get Marvita's look. I mean yeah, she's working on herself in therapy. But the camera can't see your inner beauty.

Aww dang, so Ali's neice and Dee dot Cee chick got cut.

Uh-oh, Fatima is an overthinker.

Okay, photo shoots over. Nope, still don't get Marvita.

I knew Miss Jay was gonna like Claire. She has that "it" thing.

Have I already said that I don't get Lauren? Seriously. I hate when girls who don't have a passion for this come in and suck the judges in because they're just weird enough to be different. Give it to the girls who want it!

So who's heading to NYC?

Allison - the little cheese head. Love her lush, dark hair

Fatima - work it for the Motherland, girl

Kat - not even trying to spell her full name

Kimberly

Stacy Ann - Umm did they focus on her at all the entire show until the end?

Aimee & Amy

Claire - hope she works it out for the sexy mommy's

Whitney - reppin' for the plus-sized

Marvita - still don't get it! Guess it's a reward for persistence.

Lauren - ugh!

Atalya

Anya - Miss Hawaii

Dominique - girl, let the tan go!

Bring on the cat fights and the tears on make-over day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home