Paula

Monday, April 28, 2008

Straight, No Chaser...Megan Crane

If time were money I'd be broke and homeless. I'm forever running at a time deficit and because of that I'm on a constant quest to re-evaluate. This go round, my inner psychologist tells me that I need to seriously eliminate internet activities that don't result in 1) relieving stress or 2) increased awareness to my books.

Starting in June, I'm likely going to be dropping a few things from my plate based on that criteria. But no worries GCC, you will not be among them.

Granted, I'm two weeks behind in my GCC profiles. But according to my statcounter, GCC delivers on #2 of my internet musts.

I was fortunate enough to meet founder, Karin Gillispie during the RT Convention. Sweet lady and a fellow, take a book to dinner chick.

So Karin and GCC peers, forgive me for falling behind on my girlfriend duties. With no further adieu, I present to you Megan Crane giving us a little inside scoop.





Umm...does anyone have a craving to go out lip gloss shopping after looking at Megan's cover?

Meet you at Sephora!

Clichés

MC: "Brooding Hemingway type" is what I aspire to, definitely. I'd love to swan about Paris , complaining about my friends who happen to be great literary luminaries, sipping absinthe and practicing feeling jaded. I do this in my apartment all the time.


Stereotypes

MC: I’m a total hypochondriac. From my belief that each freckle is a time bomb trying to kill me to my obsession with WebMD, I could write the book on how to misdiagnose yourself and cause the most needless stress.


Pop Culture References


MC: Names My Sisters Call Me is Brothers & Sisters meets Ally McBeal. (And hey! Both involve Calista!)


MC: Oprah Winfrey is the perfect pitch person for my book. I just have this feeling that viewers would connect with her, and buy my book as a result. Call me crazy.

Note: Oh sure, if you like that sort of thing, being a bestseller and all! ::snicker::

Stalkerazzi

MC: It’s a good thing I’m not a stalker or else Gerard Butler would be in trouble because... (I already kind of stalk him. Is that wrong? I feel that his beauty is one of the great wonders of the world, so that makes him a tourist attraction, practically.)

Note: Hmm...sounds like a pretty good defense to me. I'll have to remember it if I'm ever caught stalking Reggie Bush's abs!

History Lesson

MC: My book started out about first love vs. true love and ended up about self-love, family love, and what sisters can sometimes do to each other.


Those crazy desert Island Questions

You’re on a desert island with a cell phone. Miraculously it has two bars and enough battery life to make one three minute call. Who do you call?

MC: My husband. I like him a lot, but more important, he's kind of a ninja, so I'd expect him to come rescue me.


If someone were deserted on an island and came across your book washed ashore, what’s the one thing they’d take from it and want to share with the world once they got back to civilization?

MC: Its surprising insights into the human condition. (Why not??)

Which celebrity would you like to see put on a bus and dropped in the desert? And why?

MC: Angelina Jolie. She could live off of her lips, and her bottomless self-regard. She offends me, deeply; that's why.

Note: Ooh joy, another Angelina hater. I'm so with you, sister! I'm still waiting for Brad to get back with Jen. ::sigh::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home