Paula

Monday, July 14, 2008

That's What's Up! is Top Shelf

At least at Urban Reviews.

That's What's Up has snagged a five-star, Top Shelf, review from Urban-reviews, the site's elite honor. An honor also bestowed upon Don't Get It Twisted.

Urban Reviews predominately reviews adult fiction - heads up to those who click through. But I applaud their efforts to review YA, to guide adult readers to what's out there for the young reader.

Now, normally I don't make a lot of noise about reviews. Let's face it, they're totally subjective. And if I had gotten a bad one I wouldn't have bothered to mention it. I'd drown myself in ice cream and self-pity until the realization that it was simply one person's opinon sank in.

However, I always love when reviewers "get" what I'm aiming for in my books. Urban Reviews has reviewed all of the Del Rio Bay series books so far and they get it. While their reviews cover what each book is about, they also speak to the greater good of the whole i.e. they often shout out the fact that it's a series. By doing that they're helping the many adult readers of their site understand DRB may be a good choice for the young reader in their lives.

My fave quote of the review is the part signaling they get it:
"I truly love how Paula has meshed suburbia and the hood and came up with books that all teens can relate to."

Inclusiveness was my goal when I wrote it. I'm not mad at hearing that someone or a few someones believe I hit the mark.

Check out the rest of the review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home