Paula

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

BEDA Days

So, Varian Johnson, Coe Booth and I were talking about blogging or rather our lack of blogging regularly. One could surmise, from our very random and incredibly unstastical focus group, that authors simply don't have time to blog. But then all you'd have to do is look over our shoulders and see that plenty of authors manage to blog, if not everyday, way more regularly than the three of us have done in the past year.

I have no idea how they do it or what they sacrifice to do it - I'm thinking cheese sandwiches for dinner and semi-clean laundry for the kiddies (no stains? no odor? It's clean). Regularly blogging authors feel free to drop me a line to your secret.

Or, maybe I'll discover it myself during this month-long blogging boot camp known as BEDA - Blog Every Day in April, started by Maureen Johnson.

It's that damned competitive streak in me that has me doing this. I'm like Fred Flinstone when he hears the word "bet."

Bet? Betbetbetbetbetbetbetbet!!!

I can make anything a competition. The fact that this came up, just as I'd already admitted how difficult it is for me to blog daily was an affront to my competitive nature.


You no say, P can't blog everyday. I'm in!!

The second I committed I realized it was probably a mistake.

I have a manuscript due to my agent by month's end. April contains several key, personal dates that can't be ignored for writing unless I want to end up single again. The weather's warming and who wants to be chained to the office - because, oh BTW my lap top is acting completely ignorant. And, I did mention I haven't blogged regularly since about...oh, I don't know early 2008?

But here I am, day one of what I have a feeling will be 30 days of pure blogging hell as I attempt to keep it fresh and witty and on days I can't, I'll still have to keep it informative as I'll alternate blogging over at The Brown Bookshelf to fill my quota.

So ride with me. And if I begin talking gibberish or if blog posts begin to resemble things like my grocery list, know that I gave it the ol' college try.

BEDA 2009. It's so on!


The official BEDA Pledge
I commit to this idea and am determined to create something EVERY DAY in April, including weekends. Every day, I will find something to say. I embrace the reality that there is always something to talk about, if you are willing to take the time to look for it.

I _Paula Chase Hyman_ promise to blog every day in April.


So it's written. So it shall be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home