Paula

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bring that beat back!

If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know that I love music. All types.

Well, I tend to choose a poppy band, annually, to obsess over.

Two years ago, it was Maroon 5. Where are they, by the way?

Anyway, since last summer it's been Fall Out Boy. And their new single, This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race gah...love it!

Now see, the hubster and my boy, D, are gonna be all like - why are you all into these white boys, power to the people, down with pop music.

But I know my girl, Le, knows where I'm coming from. She and I enjoy a good pop tune.

And you know, me having to explain why I like a song is like explaining why you fall in love with someone. You can't explain why a song touches something in you. And you shouldn't have to, anyway. It's music for fugs sake.

I highly recommend checking out the live AOL Session of This Ain't A Scene. But then watch the video, because they use a gospel choir at one point. Really gives you a different perspective on the song.

I like both.

2 Comments:

Blogger wimpymom said...

Maybe it's our upbringing.-lol. I'm a music buff as well but I'm weird. I'm not just pop, I'm basically, well, everything. I recently got an MP3 player and have so far downloaded everything from vintage George Michael to Common. I also downloaded my group, The Family and Screams of Passion. (Remember them?)

And yes, I did hook up Maroon 5.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Girl, yeah I remember The Family! And my iPod has a very wide selection of music from the 70's up to the present. You know durn well I have some Wham on there, too! LOL

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home