Paula

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Flying High

Okay, this is why writing is like a drug for me.

Today, I'm high as a kite.

Why?

Because I had a good writing day. And having a good writing day is better than "name your own drug." Or at least what I imagine "name your own drug" is like.

I have written the first chapter in what will be the third Del Rio Bay Clique series. Yes, I said third but that's all I can say about that!

This is about my addiction to good writing. And I am horribly addicted. So much so that when I'm on a roll I am scarily irritable if kept from writing.

Today, everyone better be ready for me to be horribly irritable because I can't sit in front of the PC all day. I have cheer practice to tend to and I guess dinner to cook.

Dinner's always a throwaway kind of chore for me.

When I'm on a writing roll I rarely get hungry. You'd think I'd lose some weight...but umm...not so far.

But back to this chapter.

The words did not flow as easily as they did with So Not The Drama. However, the more I wrote, the more I was able to put myself back in the world of Del Rio Bay and really feel the emotions the characters were experiencing.

That is an awesome feeling!

Whenever I find myself angry, or ready to cry or stupidly happy or even hot and bothered (as my characters are teenagers with living, breathing hormones) it's because I'm way into that characters head. Guess you can call it "in the zone."

And I'm pleased to announce that I'm bringing my mean girl character Jessica back for book three.

I love Jessica. She's horribly vain, self-centered and mean as an alley cat. But I love that girl!

She is the perfect Super Ego to my main character, Mina's, Id.

I love pitting them against each other because well, in real life we often have to peacefully co-exist with people who annoy us or who we just dislike.

And these two...man they do not like each other at all.

So forgive me if I'm channeling Jessica for the next few hours (or even days). To write this character I've got to be in touch with her nasty streak. So apologies for anyone who gets a little bit of Jess juice on them.

I swear it's her and not me being a total snit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home