Paula

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Busy Bee P

Even though I can balance my checkbook, math and I aren't friends. Still, I've been inspired by Ally Carter's equations, of late. Sometimes math truly is the best way to sum something up.

In the most basic math language, here's a look at my Saturday:

6 hours of cheerleading+ 1 First Place Division title (that's 3 for the season)

- 1 more inch from my waist (that's a total of 3 for anyone keeping track)

X 2.5 hours on a "Being Your Own Publicist" Panel/20 eager aspiring writers looking to take their writing public

+ A couple hundred calories for an early a.m. Mocha - Any calories I burned between 7 a.m. and 7:46 p.m. on the run between the cheer competition and my writer's panel - 2 princessess away at Granny and Pop-Pop's - $25 spent on a DVD of my winning Hornet Honey's team

+ 1 relaxed Hubster who spent half the day running after Princess Bea and the other watching college basketball

- An unspecified amount of money spent at Karibu books (because I just can't go into a bookstore and NOT buy something!)

+ one late night bowl of Spaghetti-O's gourmet style (let's just say it includes cheese and a secret ingredient or two) = One tired coach/author whose eyes were glued shut by 10:30 p.m.

Yesterday, was one of the longest, most fulfilling days I've had in a long time. I didn't realize, until I was sitting back talking to the Hubster, that I'd spent the entire day volunteering my time. First for cheerleading, then for writing.

Giving really does feel good.

Today, back to edits!

A sister's gotta eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home