Paula

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Vanity, thy name is P

I love my brown cords.

One, they're brown, aka, the hottest fall color known to mankind.

I don't care what the fashionistas say is hot, year to year. For me, brown and orange are the two best fall colors. And my wardrobe has plenty of both.

Second, I purchased said favorite pants from the junior department.

The JUNIOR department.

Yes, this makes me very Carly Simon, you're so vain I bet you think this song is about you. Name me one woman who isn't a little vain when it comes to wanting to look nice in her clothes.

I mean, have some respect for the enormity of this - the Junior department!

Here's the hitch. The pants have never zipped well.

More specifically, the zipper would constantly slip.

The pants have one of those shortened zippers and they're low waist. So they're zipping around the most voluptuous part of my bod. Still, it wasn't that I couldn't zip them or had to fight to zip them. Just that inevitably, the zipper would end up...unzipped.

I've always convinced myself the zipper's constant habit of slipping throughout the day was the whole short zipper thing.

And for anyone asking, of course they fit!

But ya' know I've been doing this new exercise (2 inches lost in the waist and counting) and yesterday I zip the pants and ::gasp:: they stayed that way all day.

So, okay, maybe the zipper slippage was less the short zipper and more because my hips are so hipalicious. I'm admitting that now ONLY because I've finally gotten concrete evidence. Otherwise, I hadn't planned to cop to that without a scientific study and/or a lie detector test.

On another note...

It snowed last night. Not exactly the white out I'd like to see at least once a winter. But schools are closed today. So I'm home with the girls.

I bought them those thin rubbery sled thingies. But the snow is really soft. Not really sledding material.

Still, it's one of those nice, wintery days where shame on you if you don't maximize it - do a few fun indoor craft things, mess up the nice, neat whiteness in the yard and then have a healthy helping of comfort food. Now, that's winter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home