Paula

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock: GCC Style - Sara Rosett

Today's tour is Sara Rosett, a fellow Kensington author, and author of Staying Home is a Killer. Sara writes mom lit mysteries. I'm envisioning the madness that accompanies my telecommute days when I'm home with Princess Bea - the mystery of mom's missing sanity.


Motherhood is murder.

But who knows that better than Sara?

Sara, you're on....





TCL: What protag would you want on your Celeb Deathmatch tag team and why?

SR: I'd pick Elizabeth Peter's Amelia Peabody from her Egyptian mystery series because nothing phases Amelia.

TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person, what type of shoe are you?

SR: Okay, I'll admit it. I'm cheap when it comes to shoes. I'd be a budget flat. Mostly because I haven't worn heels since I stopped working in an office. The dress-code is one of the fringe benefits of being a writer!

TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven?

SR: I write mysteries, so I have to think about plot. That's where the story starts for me. I have to know who the murderer is, who the victim is, and how the murder was committed. I work from there, kind of from the inside out, exploring who else would want the murdered person dead or who else would seem to want the person dead.

TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:

Chick-lit: pink cover.
Best seller: airport book racks because that's where I've seen those little signs about best seller # 1 and on down the line.
Best Band Ever: Kate Spade. Love the purses!
TCL says: Err...Sara, we said band, not brand...but I love Kate Spade too. So it's all good!

Most rockin' author: Mary Stewart, my favorite, she hooked me on writing

TCL: Name the Top books on your To Be Read (TBR) List

SR:
Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella
Death on the Family Tree by Patricia Sprinkle

TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?

SR: Umm. mom lit mysteries. Can't hurt to wish, right?

TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or smallscreen and why?

SR: I've been asked this question before and it's really hard to answer. (TCL says: me too. I feel your pain) I know some writers think of actors as they write, but I don't usually work that way. Anyway, I'll give it a shot. I think Sandra Bullock could play Ellie. She's funny and could handle all the crazy things that happen to a young momand she'd make them funny. And she'd also be believable in the more serious times, too.

TCL: Whether it's because you admire their work or adore them, who's yourauthor crush?

SR: I admire Sue Grafton because she's taken a series character and spun out a storyline that's made me want to keep reading over twenty-something books. That's an accomplishment!

TCL: What TV show do you watch that you're ashamed to admit liking?

SR: I've tapered off lately, but I've watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition since it was first on the air. The tear-jerking is pretty extreme.

TCL: SSP: Tell the cliquesters why the chance to read your book is among the top ten reasons for young readers to look ahead to reading up.

SR: In Staying Home is a Killer, I write about the world of young motherhood with all it's joys and frustrations. Someday, it'll be great to know that other moms are going through the same things you are and they survived!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home