Paula

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Did You Know?

* The sequel to So Not The Drama comes out late November? Well, actually early December. But since Amazon says it's shipping Nov. 27th I'll stick with that date. I mean come on, who questions Amazon?

* That even though Don't Get It Twisted is the sequel to SNTD, it was written as a stand-alone novel and can be read without reading So Not The Drama.

* I'm literally unable to produce anything even vaguely creative in the form of writing when I'm on a promo blitz.

* For the first time in three years, my cheer squad didn't place first at it's very first competition. ::sigh:: I think we're all experiencing a tad bit of burn out.

* My 20th Class Reunion will be in '08. Can you believe that? I mean, I don' t look a day older than someone who graduated in 1990.

* Out of 5,000 children's books released in 2006, only 100 of them were by authors of color.

* Most people can probably only name like five of those 100 authors! I dare you to try and name more. And you can't say me, because my book came out in '07. I also dare you to mention more than five without saying the names Sharon Flake, Sharon Draper or Walter Dean Meyers.

* I'm on a not-so secret mission to make sure you'll be able to name at least 28 of them before 2008 closes. Hmmm...what is P up to, you're wondering.

* I took the day off to download from last week's library visits and all I did was work all day!

* I really want to see that new movie, Into the Wild. I read the book and was intrigued.

* British accents rather annoy me. When someone with a British accent speaks too fast, I can't understand them. Needless to say I stay away from the BBC channel. Yet, I've been unable to stop watching HBO's mini-series, Five Days. They've found the missing mom. Sad endings suck.

* I'm not surprised Floyd Mayweather was booted off Dancing With the Stars. Though he attacked it as if it were a championship bout, his moves were too abrupt. He had little to no finesse. But hey, Champ, you tried.

* I've recently confessed to having TV commitment issues and thus my reason for watching Reality TV and procedurals. Thanks to the networks and their new, erratic programming, I'm pretty much off of any type of show that requires me to follow story lines. No more will I be held hostage by a show that takes a six-12 month hiatus. Screw you, network TV. Except, I MIGHT watch Lost when it comes back.

* Watching so much Reality TV makes me seem un-intelligent. But lighten up, it's entertainment. If I want to have fun learning something, I pick up a book.

* I hate the sound of my home phone ringing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home