Paula

Friday, October 19, 2007

TRW: Vote Now...Umm, Please

It's 10:00 p.m.

My back aches from standing in my cutey black boots for two hours (ye-haw, it's boot season, ya'll).

This week feels like it's going into it's tenth day.

But you know what?

It's been an awesome week.

I've met some great readers during Teen Read Week. Baltimore County branch libraries riggity rock!

As you know, I charged the branches with creating an alternate chapter to So Not The Drama. But what you may not know is how friggin' hard that is when you're:

1) Asking total strangers to now become a writing team

2) Giving them a deadline of 15 minutes

3) Reminding them, just before pen hits paper, that oh, by the way, you're competing against three other libraries...so uh, make it good.

4) Did I mention they only had 15 minutes?

But man, every single branch swallowed their pride, worked together and came up with some good chapters. And I can tell you, competition is no joke. Despite the fear some of them had about putting their sentence on paper, all of them had that "we want to win this" glint in their eye.

They're putting themselves out there, like all good authors do.

So, do 'em a favor and vote your fave. Voting stays open through Monday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paula,

I just voted for the one I liked the best. All of them were good but it was a choice between 2.I eventually picked the way that kinda stayed true to the original story. Don't forget to tell us who won.

After big time life interruptions(including a little one), I finished the SNTD. Kudos on a great story with a great message.

-Laurel

11:49 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Thanks L. I was tickled by the ones that truly went off the true path of the book. I see why fan fiction has taken off the way it has.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home