Paula

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rock The Drop Panic

Readergirlz Rock The Drop is Thursday.

Wait. What happened to all that time I had to mull over the cool ways I'd drop the books this year?

Blegh! Panic is setting in. I fear I'll either drop out or end up doing the lamest book drop ever.

There's the obvious route: dropping near libraries and schools.

There's the middle and high school down the street from my house, the one near my FTJ and a private school in the historic district.

But I wanted to be a bit more creative than that.

And what if I drop the books and then people trash them? What if someone picks it up and plays hacky sack or kick the can with it? And does anyone still play hacky sack, much less kick the can?!

Will the cop believe me that I'm doing it for a good cause when he stops me with a stern, "Ma'am, did you realize simply abandoning a book on public property is a misdemeanor?"

I love the idea of Rock The Drop. It's all very new age marketing like. But it's turned me into a blithering idiot incapable of making a simple decision: where to leave five books...without getting busted.

I had an easier time translating the directions to put up our last entertainment center, which was in all Korean.

*deep breaths*

Okay, I can do this.

I'm sure if the litter bug po-po come after me, Lorie Ann, Justina, Dia, Holly or Melissa will bail me out.

Right guys?

Guys?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home