Paula

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm being stalked...

By me.

Help, I can't STOP looking at the statcounter for my web page!

Oh, I tell myself I won't look at it. But everyday, my fingers, totally in on the whole conspiracy, begin typing in the URL for statcounter and next thing I know I'm gazing at the numbers.

The stats aren't bad at all. But I'm greedy - I want more. More, I say!

The problem isn't my new habit of stalking myself. I have a strange feeling it will only get worse once the book is out. When it's on the shelves I'll have Amazon to stalk and lots of book stores!

No, it's what's leading me to stalk myself that's the problem. It's a little depressing that I'm having to start from scratch. So I'm obsessed with beefing up the viewership of the new blog.

I had some regulars over at the original JORT. And while it's been a bit neglected, this week, it still lives.

But I've got to help JORT Too along.

Time to go back to pimping myself for eyeballs.

It feels like I'm holding a sign along the side of the information highway - Will write for web visitors!

Short of playing the cymbals with my knees while strumming a ukulele, I'm doing about all I can to make sure I get the new blog URL out there.

Problem #2 - I'm torn.

I don't have time to maintain two blogs, and a live journal (my assignment for my Class of 2K7 membership).

Do I abandon the original JORT, folding it into this one?

The original audience for JORT One were writers. The audience here, potential young readers of my books and, as always, fellow writers.

Or do I keep both alive and become a slave to the world of interactive journals?

I'm telling you, it's bad.

Between checking stats for the blog and the web site AND writing TWISTED (oh yes, the books. I still have books to write)I barely have time to watch M*A*S*H re-runs, late at night.

Us writers and our tough decisions!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

Re: problem #2. I blog at my main site - sarazarr.com - and just cut and paste the entry into the LiveJournal format. It's worth the extra few seconds and clicks - the networking at LJ is on fire!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

But it's just insane keeping up with all these journals. ::sigh:: But you're right...it's worth it to get my cut and paste on at LJ. Thanks for the kick in the pants...my LJ hasn't been updated in days!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home