Paula

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New Book Wednesday

Okay, so I totally just made up new book Wednesday because I wanna talk about two books that just came out this week:

First, Drama High by L. Divine. Divine and I are pub mates. And while that would be great if it meant we went around to different pubs drinking and carousing, it doesn't.

It does, however, mean both our books are housed at Kensington Books.

Us writers are a loyal bunch. And since a bajillion books come out a year, we tend to buzz the ones of those close to us. It's all in the name of supporting the writing community and giving some shine to some great books that might go otherwise unnoticed.

Drama High is the first in Kensington's new line of YA books. Reading it means 1) you're down with good entertainment-based fiction and 2) you're a total trendsetter and want to be on the forefront of what's hot.

No shame in my game, I love being on the forefront!! And buzzing the book of an author I happen to like is good ju-ju or karma, as they say in some circles.

And speaking of good karma, the next book I wanna shout-out is, I was a Teenage Popsicle by Bev Katz Rosenbaum.

The cover of Bev's books makes me want a popsicle. Which is weird since there are no popsicles on the cover. But it's colorful and besides, most things remind me of food! I'm a foodie!

Here's how I know Bev's book is awesome - 1) She's a former editor and knows books back and forth and 2) Bev critiques books for a living and gives super cool feedback on how to make a book stronger.

Two weeks after having Bev crit my work (and taking some of her advice) I snagged my agent. Coincidence? Please!

I will be snuggling up with these books soon. My TBR (to be read) list is growing ridiculously long! But I'm burning through at a decent pace since dedicating myself to reading at least two hours a day.

Also, don't be surprised if Bev and Divine end up hanging in the clique lounge with me. Because, well they're just cool like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home