Paula

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Case of the Shrinking P

Some of you know that I've been doing this "new" exercise in addition to my usual 25-30 minutes of jogging. And despite the scale's resistance and lack of willingness to get with the program, I am still managing to shrink little by little.

Although that stubborn ol' scale indicates I've lost zero pounds. Correct. I said zippo, none, no weight loss. I've still lost five inches around my waist and nearly two around my hips (in the last five weeks).

I've come to realize that...I'm okay with only losing inches.

I mean sure, I'd still like to lose some weight. But this shrinking waist line thing, I'm really digging.

The odd thing about shrinking is, you begin to think perhaps it's your mind, not inches, that you're losing. Because well, the scales not moving #1.

#2 Your body isn't remarkably different at first sight.

It's the little things that convince you that yes, indeed you're truly losing something. "Something" is definitely happening.

For me, it's the fit of my favorite brown cords - to which I've already raved about (remember, I got them from the JR department).

Here are a few other signs that confirm I'm losing something other than my mind:

* The muffin top's almost outta here. In a few weeks I may have none at all. Yay!

Ladies, ya know what I'm talking about here? Since the devil is in charge of fashion, he's made nearly every pair of pants low waist. Well unless you're a bean pole, low waist means two things 1) You'll have to get a larger size. Or at least I do since my fuggin' hips are the largest part of me. Buying two sizes up does nothing for my self esteem. 2) My very not flat stomach, which is normally tucked safely within pants, flows over in low waist pants, thus the muffin top!

* A lot of my favorite tees are fitting much more loose now.

* I am on the next to the last notch on my belt.

Seems a smaller belt is actually in order, now.

* I've reached the point where people give me that "Hmm...something's different about you...did you cut your hair?"

It's because it's both subtle yet obvious and they can't put their finger on the change.

* I can't stop looking at my side profile in the mirror.

Narcissist has nothing on me. Seriously, I can't get over it, so I stare and stare trying to convince myself it's true and not some fluke.

So, I'm nearly down to my goal waist line. I should be there by Release Day.

And then from there I'll only have 4 more inches until I'm back at my hour-glass, high school waist line. Which, considering I've lost no weight, will make me look very odd.

I'm going to be big on top, teeny in the middle, big on the bottom.

But I can live with that. After all, there are worst things. Like, muffin tops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home