Paula

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Simple Answer

You know what question baffles me?

"Why are you so tired?"

The hubster asked me this a few weeks ago after I arose from a mid-day nap. Let me say this first, I don't take naps too often. I wish I did. But I don't.

Every now and then I'll cross paths with a lazy Saturday or Sunday and find myself nestled on the loveseat, eyes heavy, body relaxed. Or on the occasion of a spring/summer rain, I love snoozing in the tranquility. But all and all, napping is a luxury that escapes me.

So on this particular day, I wasn't just napping I was straight up sleeping. And it had nothing to do with my body being relaxed - more like, if I hadn't gone to sleep my body was going to go on strike.

Still, his question seemed a bit odd to me. Isn't the obvious answer to "why are you so tired?" simply, "because I am."

Maybe not. So I looked back over the previous days, and weeks to find the answer. Coincidentally, I'm as tired today as I was that day (warning to the drivers near me) and here's why:

* 13,000 words written on book 4, Who You Wit? in 30 days

* Three book promo events back-to-back-to-back weekends plus one week day event

* One major annual event launched at the FTJ

* Two new projects conceived within two weeks of one another at the FTJ

* One with the deadline of June 4th for implementation (check)

* The annual scramble to hire a competent and eager intern (several busted interviews later I find my jewel)

* Three days of cheer tryouts

* 24-hours walking the hugantic BEA trade show floor

* 840 minutes in the car with my kids, round-trip to NC (I know, light a candle for me. I'm still recovering)

Keeping in mind that the above occured between May 1st and June 9th, the question isn't why am I so tired, but rather - where in the fug is my gold medal?

This is the super human olympics, right?

If not, I'm so being gipped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home