Paula

Monday, August 06, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock: GCC Style - Amanda Ashby

It's Monday. It's muggy. And today is the first day of cheer practice.

Excuse me while I debate whether any of these are good or bad things. As I ponder, check out my interview with Amanda Ashby, author of You Had Me At Halo (love that title).


Amanda, you're on!





TCL:What protag would you want on your Celeb Deathmatch tag team and why?

AA: I've got to admit that I've never watched Celebrity Deathmatch before but if I had to pick on character to be on my tag team I've got to say Stephanie Plum from
Janet Evanovich's books - mainly because Stephanie always seems to come through in the end and she always has a good supply of donuts - these things are important!!

TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person, what type of shoe are you?

AA: The sad truth is that I haven't spent much money on shoes OR clothes since my kids were born and sometimes I go out of the house looking like a COMPLETE wreck!
Definitely one of the joys of motherhood that no one talks about!!

TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven?

AA: I'm a bit of both. I have to have a strong character but I do really like their actions to drive a strong plot with a few twists and turns along the way. After all, it's through adversity that we really get to see someone's metal!

TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:
Chick-lit - wicked
Best seller - yes please
Best Band Ever - The Beatles
Most rockin' author - Georgette Heyer

TCL: Name the Top 3 books on your To Be Read (TBR) List

AA: 'Must love Dragons' by Stephanie Rowe, Revenge of The
Homecoming Queen by Stephanie Hale and Frenemies by
Megan Crane (a fellow GCCer!)

TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?

AA: Quirky, light-hearted, paranormal romantic comedies would be pretty nice!

TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or small screen and why?

AA: This book would actually be a casting directors nightmare since despite it being heroine led, most of it happens in a guy's body (while he's still in there) so I guess my heroine would mainly be heard but not seen, and I'd probably chose Amanda Bynes because I think she does great comedy and for the hero it would have to be
Jensen Ackles!

TCL: Whether it's because you admire their work or adore them, who's your author crush?

AA: I don't know if it's a crush, but when I grow up I would like to write books
like Julie Kenner!

TCL: What TV show do you watch that you're ashamed to admit liking?

AA: Sadly, I'm completely shameless and am not remotely embarrassed by any of my television habits (unlike my husband who shudders at half the things I watch).

SSP: Tell the cliquesters why your book should be in their TBR list.

AA: My book is about a 22 year old dead girl who gets sent back to earth to sort out her issues. Unfortunately, due to a small technical error, she gets sent back in
a guy's body...while the guy is still in it. So if you like serious books, then this definitely isn't for you. But if you liked shows like Buffy and Angel, then there's a good chance you might like reading about Holly and Vince and how they manage to get through the longest two days of their life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home