Paula

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fan mail ROCKS!

If there ever comes a day where I don't feel this way, somebody slap me.


Seriously.


Slap me and then throw me on a pile full of other ungrateful, too busy to sign autographs, forgot how they became famous in the first place snots, for a bonfire and light it up. Because, hearing people say they enjoy So Not The Drama and getting fan mail are easily my favorite parts about writing.


I will not go into my least favorite part. This is a happy post!


Today, I received my second piece of official fan mail from a young reader. And it just never gets old getting proof that the story you had in your heart has touched someone else's heart so much that they've got to write and tell you.


I hang out in forums with other writers sometimes (okay, all day. Geez!) and sometimes when one of them has read the book or is reading it, they'll send some love my way, letting me know they're enjoying it. Those moments, receiving accolades from my peers are wonderful.


Writers can be pretty tough on one another because, as students of the craft we won't allow one another to get away with loose plots, red herrings and other short cuts. So having another writer compliment your work is a high compliment indeed.


But having a young person, the person you wrote the book for in the first place, say they like it - well it's just a priceless moment that's best held on to and remembered when you run up against the inevitable writing days from hell.


I heart young readers.


And, Happy Birthday Amina S.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home