Paula

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock: GCC Style - Julie Kenner

I wish it would rain already!


It's been threatening to for a few days and the trees we planted in the spring really need this.


Now, I could pretend that I've been slacking on blogging because I've been out gardening. But that would so be a lie. So I'll plead the fifth and treat you to a little Q&A with Julie Kenner, author of Demons Are Forever.


Oh, great, now that Kanye West song is stuck in my head, only I've inserted the words Demon in place of Diamonds. Grr!!


Thanks a lot Julie!


TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person, what type of shoe are you?


JK: Birks for home, high-priced heel for out-and-about

TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven?


JK: Both, actually. Some books come more with the plot, some more with the character. That being said, though, I can’t write a book that doesn’t have a very linear plotline. So in that regard, I’m plot driven.

TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:

Chick-lit - book

Best seller – please!!

Best Band Ever - uh?

Most rockin’ author – Stephen King


TCL says: Ahhh, a fellow King worshipper...err, fan.

TCL: Name the Top 3 books on your To Be Read (TBR) List


JK: HP & the Deathly Hallows, Running with Scissors, Climbing Parnassus

TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?


JK: Demon hunting soccer moms, of course!

TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or small screen and why?


JK: Nope, nope! My lips are sealed! I’m superstitious!!!!

TCL: Whether it’s because you admire their work or adore them, who’s your author crush?


JK: Stephen King ... man I wanna write as evocatively as that guy!

TCL: What TV show do you watch that you’re ashamed to admit liking?


JK: The Gastineaux Girls, but I think it’s off the air :(

SSP: Tell the cliquesters why your book should be in their TBR list.


JK: It’s not technically a YA book, but I have tons of teen fans of the demon series, and you should so read it b/c, hey, how many soccer moms do you know who kick demon butt? It’s Buffy grown up with humor ... and a 14 year old in a supporting role. Check it out!


Alright, cliquesters, since it's hot as he...Hades right now, seems to me a perfect time to read a book about demons. So get thee to ye old bookstore and cop that joint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home