Paula

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Cool, Cool September

Who do I speak to about getting the first of September changed to the official first day of Fall? Because I don't care what anyone says, once September arrives it's fall, as far as I'm concerned.

I used to despise the arrival of fall. But not anymore.

Is that a list I smell?

::sniff, sniff::

Why yes, it is.

Top Five Reasons I love September

Crazy, Sexy Cool Weather
For the last two days we've had the window "hished" up as the old folks used to say. After a summer locked down inside AC, the flow of natural air, very feng shui, isn't just nice but necessary. The light breeze flowing through the house has been absolutely invigorating.

24..46..32...Hike, Hike, Hike
That's right, football seasons here. Now, as much as I love basketball, there's nothing like a chilly Friday night game or warm, autumnal Saturday afternoon game. The colors, the sounds, the feeling that days like that are truly meant for football. And I can't forget Saturday's spent catching my boys from The U on TV.

FYI, we have a new coach and are in a re-building year. I'll reserve my smack talk til mid-season.

Bon Anniversaire
My birthday is in September. I'm not one to make a big deal of these things. But I do enjoy having that one day to hold over my fam's head as the one and ONLY day I should be able to do whatever I want...including booting them out of the house for the day if I so choose.

Lazy Weekends
Now, truth is, few of our weekends are free, between football games, cheer competitions, book events and family gatherings. Still, on that rare occasion that I have nothing to do but curl up with a book while the Princesses occupy themselves and the hubster watches sports...it's glorious.

Boot Scootin'
Thats' right, by the end of the month I will - I repeat - I will be busting out my boots. Any month where wearing a boot is allowable is alright with me.

Noticeably missing from my list

- School's In: The return of the kids to school, while not a bad thing, usually means the start of a busy routine. Can't honestly say I look forward to that.

- Fall TV season: I don't know whose great idea it was to start the fall season later and later, but I hate them. Waiting until October to catch shows I've been waiting nearly four months for irks me to no end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home