Paula

Monday, August 13, 2007

Hanging With the Cool Kids

You know, that title probably made just as many people cringe as smile.

Is that just a phrase you hate or what? Who in the heck are the cool kids?!

In most cases that descriptor is purely subjective. But, sometimes and in very rare cases it's factual. Like today. So Not The Drama was ranked #12 among Amazon children's books about popularity.

And guess who else was there chillaxing in the "popular" circle of the top 25?

Come on, guess!

Okay, okay: Meg Cabot (O'Queen of YA series fiction), Jerry Spinelli, Cecily Von Ziegesar (Gossip anyone?), Lauren Barnholdt (one of my Teen Lit pals), Stephanie Hale (who served detention with me when her book got me in trouble this past, May), and Melissa Kantor.

Now, before you go throwing me a party (which would be nice, actually) these rankings change every few seconds - okay, hourly - so it's not like New York Times love, or anything.

But it's still cool to see your book ranked up there with some of YA's hottest authors.

Me, I take the love where ever I can get it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Hatler said...

Congrats on hanging with the cool kids, Paula. Also, you've got me curious...how did Stephanie's book get you detention? Please dish!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I did this library visit where I had the young readers match books to this list of songs I'd made up. I also had the songs on my iPod and played them as we talked. Well Stephanie's book song was "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne.

I apparently ::ahem:: did not have the clean version of the song and Avril let out a big old F-bomb just as the room had grown quiet.

Thank goodness the librarians were very cool about it.

It wasn't Stephanie's fault. It was mine. But umm...I didn't want to sit in detention alone! LOL

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home