Paula

Monday, October 01, 2007

Monday's Mutterings

It's been a rough day. Very busy. But when did that ever stop me from my rambling?

Boot-y Time
That's right, today P busted out with her boots. Goodbye open-toed shoes, it's boot season. Haven't even had them on eight hours and already my dogs are barking. Ahh...boot season.

Jilly from Philly underwhelmed me
I'm a big fan of Jill Scott. So when her CD dropped last week, there was no doubt I'd be there to partake of her lovely sounds. I don' t like simply sitting there focused when I listen to a CD for the first time. I've found the best test for whether a track is "hot" or not is if it captures my attention and makes me stop what I'm doing. So I let the tracks play while I wrote. I was underwhelmed. However, Insomnia and Come See Me are straight jewels. Love 'em both.

I'm not giving up on the CD, but so far those are the only two that leapt out at me and snapped me out of my writing fugue.

The separation must cease!
Speaking of music, my joint is Stronger by Kanye West. I find it somewhat puzzling that only the Pop stations play it, while the "urban" stations are blowing up his other two tracks, Good Life and Can't Tell Me Nothing. In contrast, neither of those songs get much play on the pop stations. I guess this is good for Kanye, because he's getting play on both types of stations. But as a listener, it's annoying. When was the meeting about which songs my race would like best?

Don't try this at home
I'm a closet Ginuwine fan. And for some inexplicable reason, the other day I was in the mood to listen to him. I only have two tracks of his on my iPod. So I settled down to listen to them as I was writing. Ummm...yeah, writing YA fiction to Ginuwine is not recommended. Well not for the sort of YA I write. With titles like "So Anxious," "When we make love" and "Pony" (un-huh, think about that title for a second) his music was a bit too sexually charged for me.
Note: I didn't stop listening, I stopped writing until I switched playlists.

You invented the what now?
This article had me cracking up. But what's most outrageous is...I think it's a real article. Thanks EUR for a good laugh and introducing us to the inventor of The Electric Slide, Pop Locking and Breakdancing. Mmmph, mmph, mmmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home