Paula

Monday, October 01, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock - GCC Style - Jennifer Echols

I have to confess, I wanted to tour Jennifer Echols because I was hoping that one of the boys in her book, The Boys Next Door was Reggie Bush...without his shirt. But ummm...not so much. Please, don't let this impact your buying decision. P just has a major crush on Reggie Bush's pecs. The rest of him ain't half bad either.

Jenn, let's kibitz, shall we?




TCL: If you could enter your MC into a MTV-style Celebrity Deathmatch, what protagonist would you challenge and why?

JE: Lori is a tough tomboy. She could take just about any chick who hasnʼt been to prison. Letʼs pit her against Brett from The Sun Also Rises and watch the blood fly.

TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person, what type of shoe are you?

JE: Comfy clog. Until my husband looks askance at what Iʼm wearing, and then I put on high-priced heels.

TCL Says: Make him wear them one good time and he'll appreciate those clogs.

TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven

JE: Character-driven, always.

TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:

Chick-lit: confusion. I think a lot of people are still confused about the definition of chick-lit.

TCL Says: I know I am

Best seller: Samʼs. I know a book has truly made it when I see it in Samʼs Club.

Best band ever: Earth, Wind & Fire.

TCL Says: Oohwe, love the elements!

Most rockinʼ author: Jennifer Crusie!


TCL:Name the Top 3 books on your To Be Read (TBR) List

Prom Dates from Hell by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Itʼs Not About the Accent by Caridad Ferrer

Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer


TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?

JE: Girl-dorks. Who wear clogs!


TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or small screen and why?

JE: Amanda Bynes would have to dye her hair blond and she does not look right with blond hair, but she is the right combination of funny, smart, and dorky. Miley Cyrus would be good too, and we know she can do the hair color switcheroo.


TCL: Whether itʼs because you admire their work or adore them, whoʼs your author crush?

JE: Judy Blume. My BFF in NYC actually met her and called me squee-ing.

TCL: What TV show do you watch that youʼre ashamed to admit liking?

JE: Reno 911. Adore it. LMAO at the movie. People thought there was something wrong with me.

TCL Says: Funny stuff, but the bootie shorts on that cop gives me the creeps.

SSP: Tell the cliquesters why your book should be in their TBR list.

JE: Hot make-out scene in the lake!

Okay, cliquesters, so to clarify, Reggie Bush does not make an appearance, but there is a hot make out scene by a lake...good enough. Cop it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home