Paula

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock: GCC Style - Bev Rosenbaum

What? Did I win the lottery or something? For the second week in a row, I'm chillaxing in the Clique Lounge with one of favorite gal pals. My second CL two-timer.

Okay, serioulsy, I need a better phrase for Clique Lounge vets. Oh...wait, that's it, Clique Lounge Vets!

Bev Katz Rosenbaum is back to talk about the sequel, Beyond Cool, to her debut, I Was A Teenage Popsicle.

Hmm...all this talk about popsicles is making me hungry. Bev, take the reigns while I go chow down.

Psst, don't tell Bev, I told you. But she also does profesional manuscript critiques. I'm not saying she's good, but after she critiqued my manuscript for So Not The Drama, I snagged an agent. Coincidence? Only if you believe in that sort of thing over good sound advice.

I'm just saying.



TCL: What protag would you want on your Celeb Deathmatch tag team and why?

BKR: I figure my two protags--fearless skater girl Floe Ryan, and her boyfriend Taz Taber, a star smashball player (yeah, you'll have to read Beyond Cool to find out what smashball is)--would make a totally awesome team...when they're not on a 'break', that is.

TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person. What type of shoe girl are you?

BKR: I'm a fashion sneak kinda gal. You know, the cool Puma types with flat soles and cool criss-crossing straps. (Paula, what does that say about me???)

TCL Says: Err..that you love to look good while you're getting fit? Fit fashion, me likey.

TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven?

BKR: I'm betting most people would guess plot driven after reading I Was a Teenage Popsicle or Beyond Cool, but the truth is, I struggle with plot--have to nail my characters first. I love having them talk about their childhoods and their feelings and all that stuff.

TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:

Chick lit-Confessions of a Shopaholic
Best seller-Ditto
Best Band Ever-Rolling Stones
Most rockin' author-Laurie Halse Anderson

TCL: Name the top 3 books on your To Be Read (TBR) list.

Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I think I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't read this series.

TCL Says: Ummm...nope. But it's possible we are the only two!

TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?

BKR: Angsty books about teens dealing with family problems. (Can you tell what kind of book I'm writing now?!)

TCL Says: Oh, I'm all about the angsty teen novel.

TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or small screen and why?

BKR: Amber Tamblyn would be the perfect Floe. She's not overly girly, and could do the dry, witty thing really well.

TCL: Whether it's because you admire their work or adore them, who's your author crush?

BKR: Laurie Halse Anderson, the author of Speak, which is the only book I reread over and over again, and who inspired me to try writing a different kind of book from what I've been writing.

TCL: What TV show do you watch that you're ashamed to admit liking?

BKR: 6teen. It's an, erm, cartoon for kids. (But soooo great!)

SSP: Tell the cliquesters why your book should be in their TBR list.

Hot guys! Fashion predictions for the future! Fun music and pop culture references! Plus, I could really use your royalty $$!

Un-ah, did she just say hot guys?! Well, 'nuff said. Cop that joint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home