Paula

Friday, October 26, 2007

No Contest!

Due to rain - and not the usual, pleasant pattering, but the nasty, nippy biting kind that gets underneath your umbrella no matter which way you hold it - Pikesville Library didn't have any teen patrons show up for P's challenge. Although I did have a nice informal chat with the libriarian and the one adult patron seeking a little insight into the writer's life.

So, winner of Round 2: Extreme Author Challenge, by default and honestly because they were just so much fun, is the Cockeysville Branch Library.

The Branch had 14 teens show up for the presentation.

I'd like to think I was the draw. But I think it had more to do with the snacks (heck, you know I'll do just about anything for a Reese's Cup, myself), the fact that it was at 4 p.m., so many of the kids were fresh from school, and because Miriam, the cool, hip librarian walked me around to say hey to some of the patrons, hoping my smiling face would reel 'em in.

::cheese::

As the facilitator of the Challenge, I'm unbiased. But I've got to say, I'm pretty psyched for Cockeysville. They wanted to win this thing once the gauntlet was thrown.

And while all the libraries have been awesome, Cockeysville had the largest showing of patrons, ages 11-16, and their library is pretty cool - especially the bright colored neon signs to guide you to each section. It gives it the feel of a comfy hangout.

The teens were outgoing and once they realized contributing a sentence to the mini-chapter wouldn't result in the loss of a limb or death, they had fun with it.

So, congrats to Cockeysville Branch Library!! Miriam, I'll call you soon to discuss details for the pizza party.

Still, go read their chapter. They worked hard!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Cockeysville represented! Pizza! Pizza! We certainly were feeling the love for Paula. After the program people were at the info desk placing holds on So Not The Drama and asking when Twisted will

-Miriam the Librarian

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! That was supposed to say "Yay! Cockeysville represented! Pizza! Pizza! We certainly were feeling the love for Paula. After the program people were at the info desk placing holds on So Not The Drama and asking when Twisted will be coming out"! Hasty typing strikes again....

-Still Miriam The Librarian

11:31 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I'm so psyched for you guys! I Love enthusiastic readers!!!

Just let me know when you want to do the pizza party and I'll get the pizza and soda ordered and taken care of. Any suggestions on local pizza delivery joints?

-P

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home