Paula

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Strike

Princess A has declared (on many occasions) that she will not be eating turkey this year for Thanksgiving.

::Sigh::

Okay, here we go. I'm at the stage in a parent's life where their kids merge in and out of new phases, nearly weekly.

It's almost amusing to watch kids find themselves because of the sheer quickness in which they change direction.

I'm over here...no wait, I'm over here. Aww shoot, I'm over there again.

A good friend of hers declared herself a vegetarian about five months ago. And Princess A has been very supportive...in theory. Girlfriend loves her some steak, so she's not about to give that up. Still, I can't help but connect this new turkey strike with her friend's allegiance to not eating anything that was once living.

I'm cracking up over her choosing to give up the one meat we only eat every now and then. I'm certain that's by design!

Yet and still, it tickles me when she takes a new stand. Reminds me, first of all, just how much of her mother's child she is. God help the world when she's grown! And second, what it was like to discover you had the freedom to make some decisions exclusive of the parental units.

After all, I'm not going to force feed her turkey meat at the dinner table. Hell, I don't even like turkey. I'm only in this whole Thanksgiving thing for the sweet potato pie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home