Paula

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Heart Chris Brown

Strictly in a musical way mind you. He's young enough to be my...younger brother.

His CD dropped today and the music channels are on CB overload. He was on 106th & Park tonight, one of the music channels was doing a Chris Brown special and BET is doing one tomorrow.

When the camera panned the 106th & Park audience, one girl was crying and screaming. The hubster was like, Seriously?

Men just can't appreciate the special bond between fans and teen idols.

The crying seems over the top to anyone over the age of twenty or with an X chromosone, but music evokes emotion. And Chris Brown makes some really fun, young tunes. Add to that his energetic dance moves and playful smile and you've got a bonafied teen heartthrob on your hands.

What I like most about Chris Brown is that he's not one of those manufactured teen idols. The type where the looks are the primary focus and then like, oh yeah he can sing too.

Unlike the average teen pop idol, it's his music and dancing that make him a cutie. The focus is very much on the way he moves and how playful he is when he's performing.

Now, much respect due to Jay-Z, whose CD also dropped today (and I love me some, Jigga), but I think Chris Brown can give him a run for his money. First of all, his single, Kiss, Kiss is 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Second, never underestimate the power of the teen girl dollar.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carleen Brice said...

Yay, a new blog I like!

I like Chris Brown too, but... doesn't he sound just a little like MJ?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Hi Carleen, welcome.

I think his style is probably similiar to MJ and he's said MJ was an influence. But sound wise, I don't think they sound much alike.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home