Paula

Monday, November 05, 2007

Like, so whatever

Hmm...I think I'd like that as a book title.

Sometimes it's the perfect phrase to sum things up. When you've done your best but things still don't come out quite the way you want them. But you know you can't do much more so it's like...so whatever.

I've had a like, so whatever weekend.

My squad took first at the Retro Rec competition. But it was an ugly win.

I know, I know a W is a W. But when you're working with young people, it's kind of your duty to be straight up with them and let them know there are degrees to winning. And definitely there are pretty wins and ugly ones. You'll take them how you can get them, but you can't let an ugly win ride without a little lecturing.

For their sake, I'm glad it was a win, though. Things were starting to get morose at practice.

In general, it's been a busy few weeks in my household. A busy month, really. When I'm juggling so many balls, one is bound to slip through my fingers. But I look at it like this - as long as the ball I drop was one of those rubber balls and not the glass kind, I'm good.

After all, it's not every month that my life is this hectic. Thank the gods.

Still, every now and then you're bound to run into someone who doesn't appreciate the things you do. And it makes you want to pull an Ebenezer Scrooge on them and make them feel what life would be like without your contributions.

Then see how, like so whatever they feel!

Okay, but to leave the blog on a high note (I refuse to accept Monday blues) don't forget about my contest over at Teens Read Too. ARCs and purses? I ask, how can you resist?

And stop by the Brown Bookshelf and submit an author name or two for the 28 Days Later campaign. I'm seeing some good names, but so far the pool of popular fiction authors is depressingly low. One of our goals was to get a little parity going in the brown kiddie lit community...but um...so far, not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home