Paula

Friday, November 02, 2007

Shame, Shame, Shame?

How come they're only ever repentent once they're caught?

If they really regretted using the word, how come they used it?

Yes, I'm talking about Dog, The Bounty Hunterand his use of the N-word in reference to his son's girlfriend.

I'm neither shocked nor saddened by this, just tired.

I didn't watch his show, so A&E putting it on hiatus makes me no nevermind.

I'm simply sick of the song and dance that has become high profile folks using racial slurs only to turn around and sing the same tune about being "sorry" and "regretting" it.

What's a society to do?

Are outting them for using the words doing any good?

No, seriously, I'm asking because I honestly don't know where we go with this issue.

In my DRB Clique Series the dad has this little phrase that he pulls out on my MC, Mina a few times. It applies in these "oops" celebrity moments.

Are you sorry that you did it or sorry you got caught?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home