Paula

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

1st Annual Pauly's

It's award season. That means a lot of movies, books, music and TV shows that I've never watched/read/heard of will be honored in the coming months. I'm a strange duck, that way. I always end up attracted to the stuff off the radar. Or maybe it's just I'm not big on critcally acclaimed fare. ::shrug::

But since everyone and their sister has an awards show, I've decided to host my own - The Pauly's. Ahh yes, very original P.

In the grand tradtion of all award show missions, please check out the winners and exit stage right to your nearest retail location to purchase the mentioned item.

What's that you say? That's not what award shows are for?

Could have fooled me.

So...the Pauly goes to:

Verizon Wireless
Most snort-worthy commercial
I'm talking about the one where the chick gets a pony for the holidays, instead of the latest hot phone. I lose it everytime when the one girl says "Does he bite?" and she snaps, "Yeah!"

The iPhone
Hottest product I can't afford
As soon as I get a real job to afford it and a few months to dedicate to learning to use it...that phone is so mine!

I Know, by Jay-Z ft. Pharrell
Most infectious track
Hov captures the sexy allure of addiction. Sure, he's talking about drugs, but the lyrics are fitting for anything we can't get enough of - a lover, or even a Grande Starbucks coffee frappe, two pump vanilla, double blended with whip. (Hey, you got your addiction and I got mine!)

Double Blended
Best word I've recently added to my personal lexicon
Yes, I've become one of those obnoxious peole who knows exactly how to order my Starbucks coffee, the way I want it. See above for ordering accuracy.

Uggs
Trend I'm late to but glad I've arrived
Better late than never. Love these things! Only downside - they make me want to dress down everyday. On the flip side, jeans and sweats are an upgrade from wearing pajamas all day.

Starbursts Berries n' Creme
Commerical I can recite line for line
Berries?! Berries and what else?! Aww-hah...Berries n' creme, berries n' creme, I'm a little lad who loves berries and creame. BERRIES N' CREME, BERRIES N' CREME. I'M A LITTLE LAD WHO LOVES BERRIES N' CREMMMMMME-MAH!

Thank you, thank you!

"Mazoltov, it's a celebration, bitches!"
Most deliciously inappropriate lyric I can't resist singing
This line in Roc Boys makes me sing with gusto. You know, sometimes you just gotta go blue.

Kiss, Kiss, by Chris Brown ft. T-Pain
Song that makes me wish I were 16 again
Let's get one thing clear: the only time it's appropriate for a thirty-something year old woman to have a crush on an eighteen year-old is when it's a MUSICAL crush. End lesson!

The Hills
Sign that the apocalypse may not be as bad as we think
Yes, it's terribly melodramatic. No, I never ate out as much as these girls in my 20's. And, damn, Brody Jenner is hot. Look, I like what I like. Deal!

The Prestige
Movie that had me simultaneously frustrated and enthralled
Man, that Christian Bale is so hot, right now (nod to Zoolander). This movie had my mind all messed up. I love magic!

Murphy & Goode Merlot
Elixir of the Gods
You know you're grown when alcohol consumption is something done primarily to complement a good meal or reward a trying day. Lightly smoky without a hint of bitterness, this wine is simply the shit. But it's only for the grown folk.

Law & Order: CI
Beneficiary of the writer's strike
I was hot when it moved to Thursday and on USA to boot. I miss every other ep simply because I keep forgetting it's changed days and channels! But it's moving back to NBC on Wednesday because NBC doesn't have enough programming to fill out its schedule. Woo-hoo! Writer's rock!

Why Did I Get Married?
My First Tyler Perry opening
Many firsts here - first Tyler Perry movie I saw in theatres AND on opening night, no less. I'm no longer a Tyler Perry virgin. Okay, Tyler...now, we've got to get married.

Lovestoned
Song that made me love it
I started off only liking the last two minutes. Then I started feening for the whole thing. Damn you, Justin, that's like nine minutes of my life I lose everytime I listen to this track!

And there you go - my Pop culture best and brightest - shorter than the Emmy's, less entertaining than the Grammy's, more fun than the Golden Globes and more publicized than the ALA's.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home