Paula

Friday, December 07, 2007

Big Win Friday!

I know you thought I forgot all about announcing the winners of the Teens Read Too Don't Get It Twisted Girl Power Hidden Contest.

Whew! How's that for a contest name?!

But I didn't. I didn't forget. I...okay, I didn't forget but it sort of fell off my radar. No fault of Jen's - she sent me the names. But blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's me not bothering to list the litany of things that came up between her giving me the names on December 1st and me just NOW posting them.

Okay, enough from me!!!

I asked you guys to send me your Girl Power stories, because my characters may sometimes be flaky, every now and then materialistic but always, the DRB Clique chicks are about girl power and doing what's right (even Jessica, I think).

I received stories about doing the unpopular thing at the risk of ridicule and forgiveness and turning the other cheek. Great entries!

So, you want to know who won, right?

The winners of a copy of Don't Get It Twisted are:

Tiffany L.

Lauren P.

Audrey B.

And the grand prize winner of a copy of the book AND a designer wristlet is...

Charlotte S. for her girl power story about standing up to a close family friend for their sexist and racist remarks. Do your thing, girl!

Ladies, your books will be on their way, soon.

Congratulations and thanks for entering my contest!

Happy Reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home