Paula

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Got Your Copy, Yet?

Don't Get It Twisted has been in stores for...about ten days, now.

Did you get your copy, yet?

No?

Mais, oui, pourquoi?

That's "But, yes, why?" in French. An odd way to phrase a question, but me likey anyway.

Alright, here it is, the top 10 reasons you should get your copy, now.

See, look what you've made me do - I've resorted to a list!

10. Because I'm asking nicely. I was always taught that if you asked nicely, people usually complied. Please, don't shatter the faith I have in all those good manners, my parents taught me.

9. Rumor has it, the first week in a book's life is pretty important. Now, technically this is way more important to me than it is to you. But alas, I must deal with the business side of writing now and then and if, for some reason, the first week is crucial (like opening day is for a movie) then by all means, if you were gonna buy it anyway...why not now?

8. It's gotten good buzz by actual teen readers. Editorial reviews are ego-swelling (unless they're bad) but good reviews by the intended reader are sweeter than candy.

7. A reader + Time on their hands = Time to buy a new book. Formulas never lie!

6. I took the time to make a cool trailer for it. Now come on, if you're not going to run to the store after seeing this, it's a sad commentary on the state of advertising's ability to persuade. That is so sarcasm, if you couldn't tell! But the trailer is cool. The way the graphic moves is sort of hypnotizing.

5. Remember, this is a series. You've got to jump on board now or risk being left out of the locker talk. Perish the thought.

4. Our favorite freshman, Drama Queen, Mina is about to find herself at the point of a love triangle. Mmmm...drama.

3. JZ gets a little more face time in this one. That's right, something for the fellas!

2. I had a lot of fun writing this one and that usually translates into the readers enjoying reading it. I'm just saying...can that be a coincidence?

1. It's good!


Try it. You'll like it.



Available at bookstores everywhere including:


Barnes & Noble

Books-A-Million

Booksense

*Remember, if your indie doesn't have it, request it. It's good to let the local stores know - they may not always be aware their customers have an interest in a certain book/series.

Borders/Amazon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home