Paula

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Balls Dropping Everywhere...

I've had to come to terms with the fact that there is no such thing as juggling it "all."

Sorry, future generation of writers, mommas and daddy's who think they'll be the ones to master the great lifefail that is having a career, family, social life all while eating healthy and exercising. Nope, just ain't gonna happen people. I know because I've been on a quest to do it "all" since I entered the workforce.

Now, now, it's not all doom and gloom. Honestly, once you come to terms with it, it's sort of nice - like seeing the white light leading to the pearly gates.

My realization came after I admitted that while I actually did achieve near daily blogging during BEDA and held on kind of nice to a regular schedule early May - the second I decided that maybe finishing my next novel was a bit more important than blogging, everything went to hell in a handbasket. No, I'm not sure exactly what that means but I'm pretty sure it's what happened.

Keep in mind that while blogging and a good deal of my social networking has been on the decline writing my next book, spending time with my family (working the dreaded full-time job FTJ) and working out regularly are on the uptick.

See, ALL of it can't be done, but most of it can.

For reasons I'm uncertain - possibly because writers have a natural case of the guilts, anyway, I always feel bad when my social networking suffers from me actually living life.

It's just like when you begin slowly losing touch with old friends - you feel like you need to make an excuse for why you haven't called more often.

So, truth is, I haven't called because I'm making an actual attempt to have a life. Hope no one holds it against me...working off the guilt in addition to the 19 pounds I'm trying to lose would be near impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home