Paula

Thursday, May 28, 2009

BEA Here We Come...sort of

Yeah, so BEA starts today in New York City.

Why yes, I am jealous as hell of anyone who's going because New York is my all-time most favorite city in all the world and BEA is one of the biggest book events in the U.S.

Stats, schmats. I don't have no stinkin' stats to prove that. It's the biggest and that's all there is to it.

And I don't like being left out of big things.

Lucky for me, I pal around with a lot of writers. And we're nothing if not imaginative. So Laurie Halse Anderson launched the BEA Pout-A-Thon, #BEA09PaT for those on Twitter.

So I'll be doing mini blog posts here and at The Brown Bookshelf throughout the weekend as we stage our own version of BEA.

If you're a bookseller, librarian, reader or author who would like to pout with us, stop by the myriad of posts and chime in. By the way, you have to chime in. You wouldn't go to BEA, walk around and not say anything to anyone would you? So chat it up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

Awww I wanna pout too. Seems like fun, that BEA thing. I should send my sister in my place. She lives in New York. But she doesn't like books as much as I do so boo. I wish she would go to the Teen Author Carnival tonight.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oooh I want to go to the Teen Carnival. You know they'll be streaming live, so you don't have to miss it!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home