Paula

Monday, August 21, 2006

Teen Choice - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Not for nothing, the world needs no more award shows. But there are still a few that actually offer some entertainment. The Teen Choice Awards, among them.

The Good

Two hours is all she wrote. Yes, the show only runs two hours. Do you really need more? How much bad teleprompter reading can one person take beyond that? By the time I was starting to lose interest, the show was over. Yay!

Orlando Bloom won the Teen Choice Hottie Award! Or-lan-dooooooo!!! Why is it that practically all British accents annoy me, except his?

Pirates of the Caribbean won the Action Movie Award and I got to see Orlando AND Johnny "I haven't washed my hair in two days and I still look hot" Depp on stage together. Gah!! Love them.

Quick shot of my boy Mello shooting three-pointers. Go team USA!

When Nick Lachey won for Best Love Song. Wasn't he gracious? Don't lie. If it were you and your ex was the host of the show, would you not have made a total ass of yourself and been like - "Ha, ha Jessica I WON. You didn't win Teen Choice Hottie but I WON! Take that!"

You wouldn't have? Hmmm...maybe it's just me.

Fall Out Boy winning for Best Rock Band. Dance, Dance is my jam!


The Bad

Sorry, Luda, I'm not feeling the new cut. I know Ludacris is trying to step up his acting game. And no doubt, having corn rows could have possibly stunted any future growth. But the rows or when he wore the crazy 'fro made him look more interesting. Now, his five-head stands out more than ever. Guess the low-cut just has to grow on me.

Brooke Hogan's LONG-ass never ending speech. Seriously! First of all, she won for Best Grill. Over Paul Wall?! Whatever. Then she proceeded to give a speech as if there were actually any other people to thank (besides Paul Wall who customized her grill). Why? Why didn't the music start playing to shut her up?

Yet, when the cast for High School Musical were accepting their award the music started playing to shuttle them off stage after a mere 45 seconds. WTH!?!?

The Ugly

K-Fed's performance!!!! His song - wack. His style - wack. The fact that Mr. Britney Spears was the show closer - WACK!

2 Comments:

Blogger Don Tate II said...

I like the way you keep it real around here. And hey, nice new design!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Thanks Don. Oooh it's always exciting to have company at the new blog.

I feel like I should be fluffing pillows or asking if you'd like a cool beverage. haha.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home