Paula

Friday, February 02, 2007

Curvy is the new thin

Everybody say it with me....Hallelujah!

Tyra Banks has gained thirty pounds since her Victoria's Secrets days. And Jennifer Hudson, who was a size 10 to start, had to gain weight in order to play Effie White in Dreamgirls. Weight she's since lost, by the way.

Yes, ladies, curvy is the new thin.

Now, can someone seriously make some jeans (affordable) for those of us with junk in our trunk?!

And for the record, size 10 isn't that big. The average black woman is probably a ten, if not a twelve.

Umm, that's not an actual stat. I have no friggin' idea what the real average is. All I know is, I was an eight when I had my first daughter and my body was bangin'! We shan't speak of my high school size - that's ancient history.

I'm a fourteen now. Getting to a size ten would be hella alright with me.

I was glad to see Tyra get snippy with those poking fun at her weight gain.

I mean, let's be serious. The girl is an amazon (5'10") and spent most of her life on the runway. Imagine the challenge it was for her to stay bone thin, that tall. I bet the second she retired, she had a buffet waiting for her, glad to finally eat as much as she wanted.

But it's not just Tyra and Jennifer who represent us normal sized women.

I watch The Hills and I've noticed that Lauren is quite hippy. She's thin up top, but her bottom is wide and a little thick.

And Beyonce has a body that says, I'm one biscuit short of being fat one day.

I'm not dogging her. She has a nice body. But B is thick as hell in the hips and thighs. And always has been. Check out those old Destiny's Child videos - you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hollywood may still be in love with the pencil thin. But it's good to see that more and more real-sized people are showing up on screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home