Paula

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Inside the Writer's Studio

One of my favorite shows is Inside The Actor's Studio with James Lipton.

I only recently discovered it...maybe two years ago. And I discovered it by watching Will Ferrell mock it on SNL. So maybe it was more than two years ago. Not sure.

James Lipton is the consummate straight man to the actors he interviews. They can't help but be "on" when a camera is in their face. So it's a lot of fun to watch him ask these short, sometimes silly questions (What fruit would you be?) and not know what to expect out of the actor's mouth.

Well, Ellen Meister invited me to participate in her Brava questionnaire, which is very similiar to the Lipton interviews. Only her questions were about motherhood.

When I answered them, it didn't occur to me that it was very Inside the Actor's Studio. But after reading it, I could almost hear James Lipton's soft, soothing voice.

What a fun and different interview.

Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home