Paula

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock: GCC Style - Lauren Barnholdt

This is Lauren Barnholdt's second round in the Clique Lounge. Shhh, I think she may be stalking me.

No, seriously, Lauren Barnholdt is back and this time with a little something for the t(w)een readers. The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney is out, out, out.

So go get it, get it, get it!

Lauren, ready to rock?




TCL: What protag would you want on your Celeb Deathmatch tag team and why?

LB: Anne from Anne of Green Gables. She’s definitely scrappy enough to take on anyone in Deathmatch.


TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person, what type of shoe are you?

LB: Flip flops or cute sandals.


TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven?

LB: Definitely character-driven.

TCL says: Me too! All hail to the character chicks.


TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:

Chick-lit Favorite

Best seller Shopaholic

Best Band Ever Matchbox Twenty

Most rockin’ author
Meg Cabot

LB: Damn. I just realized I kind of want to go back and change some of those. But I won’t, because that ruins the question, right? Well, maybe just one. No, I won’t. La, la, la. No, seriously. I didn’t change anything, I swear.

TCL says: Me thinks Lauren made some changes.

TCL: Name the Top 3 books on your To Be Read (TBR) List

LB: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Pretty Little Liars, and How To Be Popular


TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?

LB: I like the way YA is exploding, and I really hope it DOESN’T turn out to be a trend. So I guess I would have to say that I hope YA continues to be “trendy” and that teens continue to read and that the YA sections of bookstores continue to expand.

TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or small screen and why?

LB: Hmm. I guess maybe Dakota Fanning? She’s the right age, and I think she’s an amazing actress.


TCL: Whether it’s because you admire their work or adore them, who’s your author crush?

LB: Sarah Mlynowski. She’s so talented, and just a really nice person.


TCL: What TV show do you watch that you’re ashamed to admit liking?

LB: I’m not ashamed of any TV show I watch! Bring on the trashy tv is what I say. Laguna Beach, The Hills, American Idol, I watch it all.

TCL says: Lauren and I are kindred spirits. Trashy TV rocks!

TCL: SSP: Tell the cliquesters why your book should be in their TBR list.

LB: Because it’s cute and funny. And it’s only 5.99.

Now, you know P does not like to play favorites. But if The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney is as much fun as Lauren's debut, Reality Chick...well, you know the drill. Go cop it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home