Paula

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Respect the POP

This is my kind of guy.

If JMU offered a course on Pop culture I missed it. And if they offer one now, I may re-enroll for a semester just to take it. Many universities understand the importance of minutae to our country's (and the world's) inner psyche.

And now, pop culture is finally getting some respect up in this mickey flick.

Pretty much everyone knows about my obsession with pop culture. What Bob Thompson, prof at Syracuse University, does that I don't is make a darn good living analyzing and dissecting the origin of the aluminum lawn chair.

Who knew you could get paid for this stuff?

Well pop culture fanatics, that's who.

I'm proud of my "mindless" trivia. And professors of Pop prove that an interest in pop culture doesn't equal lack of intelligence. Nor does it mean it's the ONLY thing you can discuss. Although in truth, so much around us is pop culture that the real question may be - what's wrong with people who aren't up on their PC?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home