Paula

Friday, May 04, 2007

Off to the Annapolis Book Fest

Tomorrow marks the first of my four, count them, four book events for May.

Recall, I was trying to keep myself to no more than two per month to maintain my sanity. But each one is a great opportunity and who am I to turn down an chance to talk books and sell a few while I'm talking?

I'll be at the Annapolis Book Festival with, according to The Capital, a few thousand other people.

Woah!

That's cool.

I'll be on the panel with two other authors including Priscilla Cummings, author of the Red Kayak at 1 p.m. in the performance tent.

Now, you'd think I'd be getting my literary thoughts together. But right now, I'm trying to figure out what shoes to wear. And if you don't think this is important, you've never sat on a raised platform, with your legs practically eye level to everyone in the audience.

Forget note cards, giveaways and breath mints, proper shoe selection is essential.

The weather's supposed to be nice, tomorrow. So I'd love to wear something open-toed. But the old footsies are still working on a four-week old pedi.

Which leaves my really cute, black ankle boots. Never a bad selection. I'm simply ready to move on to a new shoe.

I have shoe ADD.

This is nothing a quick shoe spree wouldn't fix. But honestly, who am I fooling thinking I'll have time to do that tomorrow before the festivities?

Oh, but I digress.

So tomorrow's going to be an exciting day - full and busy.

There's the book festival.

The Kentucky Derby. I feel so sorry for the Belmont Race when there's no triple crown contender. What's exciting about the race if one of those baby's isn't gunning for the crown? ::shrug:: But the Derby and Preakness - right here in my own backyard - make for exciting times in May.

And the DeLa Hoya vs. Merriweather fight.

I've been watching the HBO fight prep docs and all hype aside, sounds like it's going to be a good one.

I'm torn. Merriweather is a beast with his speed and endurance. But, mentally, Oscar isn't carrying a bunch of bullshiggity into the ring with him...and I think Merriweather is when you take away all the boasting and bragging.

So yeah, against everything I hold holy, I'm going to lay out the $50 for the fight.

Friggin' pre-fight docs...I've totally bought into the hype!

Okay, no one call me on Sunday. I'm so going to be in a coma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home