Paula

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock - GCC Style: Megan Crane

P's heading for the beach soon. Mentally, I'm already there, which would explain the GCC tardiness.

But before I go off to dip my toe in the Atlantic, I kick it with Megan Crane, author of Frenemies.

I've always loved that word! And I've had a few in my day.

Megan, you ready?

Let's roll!



TCL: If you could enter your MC into a MTV-style Celebrity Deathmatch, what protagonist would you challenge and why?

MC: I would like all my main characters to battle each other, in any combination. The heroine from my first book, Alex, would easily beat up the heroine of my second book, Meredith. But I think she'd have a harder time with the heroine from Frenemies. I do know that I would find it all endlessly entertaining!

TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person, what type of shoe are you?

MC: I am a fan of all shoes, and I do not discriminate. I have a thing about boots. I love high heels, but I also love cowboy boots. I have recently started wearing flat shoes for the first time since I was about 12. The more shoes, the better!

TCL says: Right on!

TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven?

MC: I am definitely character driven. I love burrowing into their heads.

TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:

Chick-lit-- Awesome
Best seller--Yes, please
Best Band Ever--The Police (who I am seeing twice this month-- a concert I have been waiting MY WHOLE LIFE to see...)
Most rockin’ author--JR Ward. Those books definitely rock!

TCL: Name the Top 3 books on your To Be Read (TBR) List

Damsel Under Stress by Shanna Swendson
The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult

TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?

MC: Enjoying books because they're cool, without shoving them into boxes with labels.

TCL says: Amen and as Madea says, Halla-ler-ya

TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or small screen and why?

MC: I would like to see anybody play my main character, because I would love to see her on any size screen. She's great!

TCL: Whether it’s because you admire their work or adore them, who’s your author crush?

MC: At the moment it's Jane Porter, who's work I love (and who has a new book, ODD MOM OUT, coming in September) but who I ALSO adore, because she's unbelievably giving and fun. Jane rules, seriously.

TCL: What TV show do you watch that you’re ashamed to admit liking?

MC: Tori and Dean: Inn Love. And I'm ashamed that I'm not that ashamed.

SSP: Tell the cliquesters why your book should be in their TBR list.

MC: I feel that my book, like all of my books, are big flashing warnings the savvy YA would do well to heed. My twenties were a big old mess, theirs doesn't have to be....

Now, what's next cliquesters? Right. C-O-P that joint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home