Paula

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Gone Writin'

To say I'm the Queen of Multi-tasking is putting it lightly, most days.

There was a time I was really proud of my ability to juggle so many things. But lately, it's more a burden/curse than skill or talent. So, for the last year and a half I've been working on cutting back.

Sometimes literally - saying no to some new thing someone would like me to helm or assist with and other times, more indirectly, like refusing to angst or stress over some detail that would only bring me more work.

Well, I'm on deadline for book four in the Del Rio Bay Clique series, Who You Wit'? And the truth is, I'm simply incapable of stretching my creative bandwidth to encompass fiction and witty blogging.

Some might argue that during the summer, when I was taking a break from fiction, my blogging wasn't so witty. ::shrug::

So while I plan to stop in at least weekly to post something insightful, fun or just vent-worthy, I'm not saddling myself with a promise that I'll do so. Just one of the ways I sort of trick myself and avoid stress.

As I'm away in Del Rio Bay, I leave you with this, one of my favorite commercials. Maybe it's just me, but this thing cracked me up!

Shout out to Li, Ti, Aryn and Kenni - people who I know found this thing as funny as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home