Paula

Friday, April 17, 2009

Day of Silence

There's been much speculation about whether my character, Michael, is gay. And readers have clamored for more Michael. But the heart of my series was about the girls. So it wasn't until this last book, Flipping The Script, that I put Michael center stage.

So is Michael gay?

Personally, I don't think the answer is as important as what unfolds as the other characters go about dealing with whether he is or not. So imagine my delight when I became aware of Day of Silence, a national initiative to bring attention to anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment in schools.

Serendipity, I love thee!

So, the book is out (no pun intended).

The question of Michael's sexuality answered.

And homophobia among those closest to us, visited.

The icing on the cake - I had an opportunity to participate in FiveAwesomeYAfans Day of Silence campaign. FiveAwesomeYAFans takes my breath away.

Active teens ROCK!!!!

Thanks guys!

Check it out:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home