Paula

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ten Questions That Rock: GCC Style - Kelly Parra

I roll in some pretty cool circles, if I should say so myself. Kelly Parra, author of Grafitti Girl, and I see each other quite a bit, slacking err...lounging in a few YA author cyber clubs. If I told you which ones evvvverybody would want to come. So we'll keep that on the hush.

Well, today's she's hanging out here in the Clique Lounge.

KP: Hi, Paula! Thanks for having me on your blog. :)

De nada! Let's cruise...

TCL: Pick one: If you could enter your MC into a MTV-style Celebrity Deathmatch, what protag would you want on your Celeb Deathmatch tag team and why?

KP: Well, this is tough. I'm going to go with tag teaming with my bud, Tina Ferraro's character in Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress, Nic Antonovich because since me and Tina are buddies our characters would have to be too! :)

TCL: Shoes say a lot about a person, what type of shoe are you?

KP: I'm a good pair of worn in ankle-high converse. Comfy and a little rough around the edges. :)

TCL: What type of writer are you: plot-driven or character-driven

KP: The plot usually helps me get the book going, but I love trying to create unique characters. I'm not totally 50/50, so I guess I'll go with plot driven.

TCL: Word association time. What do you think when I say:

Chick-lit: Jenny O'Connell since she's one of my fave chick lit authors.
Best seller: Ann Brashares
Best Band Ever: Jon Bon Jovi since I mention one his songs in Graffiti Girl.
Most rockin’ author: Caridad Ferrer because her first MTV novel was about rocking music!

TCL: Name the Top 3 books on your To Be Read (TBR) List

KP: E. Lockhart's Dramarama, Elizabeth Scott's Bloom, and Allison van Diepen's Street Pharm.

TCL: If you had anything to do with it, what would the next hot lit trend be?

KP: Good suspenseful YA books! I'm a big fan of suspense novels.

TCL: What celeb would you love to see play your MC on the big or small screen and why?

KP: She's playing adult roles now, but I see Jessica Alba in her Dark Angel days as the perfect fit for my character Angel in Graffiti Girl. She can play attitude like there is no tomorrow and still have that soft side of vulnerability.

TCL: Whether it’s because you admire their work or adore them, who’s your author crush?

KP: My latest author crush is on Antonio Pagliarulo because the guy is a marathon writer. He has his new Celebutantes series coming out this year, as well as writing a YA thriller and working on a thriller for adults. *sigh* I want to be like Antonio when I grow up. :)

TCL: What TV show do you watch that you’re ashamed to admit liking?

KP: Actually, I'm not ashamed of admitting I like Gilmore Girls, Ghost whisperer, NCIS, and Heroes. All my fave shows!

TCL: SSP: Tell the cliquesters why your book should be in their TBR list.

KP: Hey, Cliquesters! Graffiti Girl should be in your TBR list because it's a fast-paced read about art, graffiti, and finding where you belong and believing in your talent enough to be different. Check out my website www.kellyparra.com for an excerpt!

Okay, the tag on the Clique Lounge wall reads "Cop this joint," so you know what to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger TinaFerraro said...

Paula, your questions are very clever...I really enjoyed reading this interview!

Kelly, I'd love to see Angel and Nic matched up as teammates! Both are smart and scrappy, and because of their good looks, both could be underestimated at first glance. In fact, I see a BFFriendship in the making...

10:21 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Thanks Tina. But it's the answers that make these questions. I especially love answers that make me want to respond as if we're really kicking back talking!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home