Paula

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And Then There Were Two...

Days that is.

I thought October was supposed to be one of the longest months of the year? Someone obviously forgot to tell time that, because it's been rolling. So here we are just two days away from my second big Teens Read Too Contest. Seems just like yesterday that I was talking to Jen over at TRT about - yeah, I think I'd like to do a contest...you know not now, later this year like umm...November.

And here November's knocking on the front door.

But before we slip gently into the month of the turkey, let's pay homage to my favorite time of year - Halloween.

If you're one of those people who think Halloween is evil, satanic whatever, then skip this post. I friggin' love Halloween.

I love the cute little kiddies that come up to my door begging politely for candy with thier high-pitched "trick or treat."

I love stocking up on Reese Cups under the auspices of giving them out to aforementioned trick or treaters, only to grab a few bags of other candy so I can keep the Reese's for myself.

I love how my three-year-old is both scared of and excited about Halloween and how big her eyes were last year when she realized that the candy she'd collected was actually hers to keep.

I love all the fright marathons on. How many hours of Halloween (the movie) can one person watch? Apparently, about 13 before your brain oozes out of your ears.

So, what do you have for us today, Miss Count down?

The Top Two Scariest Movie Moments

2. Misery when Kathy Bates goes all sledge hammer on James Caan's ankles. Yikes! It's scary because she's so matter-of-fact about it. I mean, the poor man's begging and she's like, I have to do this. Nothing's scarier than a pyschopath on a mission.

Okay, but, bravo to the special FX crew on that one. It looks so real it makes my ankles hurt everytime I see it. A few months ago, it came on and I made Princess Bea and Lady T watch it with me. We were all screaming and giggling as the part came up.

See, being scared is fun!

1. Now see, I can't remember the name of the movie. I think it was like Sweet Audrina or something. I watched it when I was about nine or ten with my cousins. It was about some woman whose mom had died but for some reason the mom was haunting the woman. ::shrug::

The mom was buried in this heavy, black Whistler's mother type dress. She had this pasty, white face and stern voice and she kept popping up throughout the movie.

Anyway, this one part, the woman had insomnia. She was up tinkering around hitting keys on the piano and suddenly the dead mother pops up on the nearby stairway and yells, "Andrea!!"

OMG, the four of us were huddled on the couch, clinging to each other so hard and nearly jumped off the sofa when that voice blared out of the TV.

Okay...I guess you had to be there. But it was scary to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home